The new 2016 Sierra 1500 Denali light duty pickup truck sets the standard for full-size pickup design, with distinctive Denali accents, structured front and rear fascia, sculpted headlamps and bold lines.
It’s the little things that set the new Sierra 1500 Denali apart. That’s abundantly clear with new standard lighting features such as:
- GMC Signature LED Lighting
- High Performance LED Headlamps
- Thin Profile LED Fog Lamps
- LED Taillamps
- Available IntelliBeam technology automatically turns high-beam headlamps on and off according to surrounding traffic conditions
Every detail of the Sierra 1500 Denali was finely crafted to create a striking presence that commands attention, on and off the road. Signature features include:
- New front bumper
- 20” ultra-bright machined aluminum wheels
- Chrome door handles, mirrors and side moldings
- Body-color bumpers
Denali style starts right up front with the unique signature three-bar chrome grille, featuring a distinct pattern and a finish that reflects light from every angle. Premium features include:
- Available Tri-Mode Power Steps
- Power-sliding rear window gives drivers flow-through ventilation at the touch of a button
- Available power sunroof lets you enjoy a clear view of the sky from the comfort of the cabin
- Spray-on bedliner
The 2016 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali pickup truck signifies comfort and quality with attention to detail and premium features and materials.
A HIGHER STANDARD OF COMFORT
The 2016 Sierra 1500 Denali light duty truck interior keeps you comfortably in command. Standard features include:
- Heated and vented driver and front passenger 12-way power-adjustable bucket seats
- Magnetic Ride Control, for a smooth ride in any condition
- Heated steering wheel
- Dual density foam seats that provide support and comfort
EXCEPTIONALLY QUIET CABIN
The Denali cabin is engineered to provide you and your passengers with a quiet, comfortable experience. Features contributing to a quiet cabin include:
- Triple door seals block outside noise
- Shear and hydraulic body mounts with hydraulicengine mounts to reduce vibrations
- Aerodynamic exterior mirrors that reduce wind noise
- A valved exhaust system that reduces engine noise
- Available Active Noise Cancellation system
- Perforated leather-appointed seating designed to provide comfort and ventilation
- Soft-touch instrument panel
- Real tinted, brushed-aluminum trim and appointments
- Contrast stitching
NEXT GENERATION TECHNOLOGY
The 2016 Sierra 1500 Denali pickup truck sets a higher standard, with purposeful, convenient technology inside and out — to help you stay connected and in control.
The available 8" diagonal Color Touch Radio with IntelliLink2 lets you customize your media and connect to your world. Features include:
- 8" diagonal customizable Color Touch screen
- Natural Language voice command
- MyMedia, which connects media libraries from multiple devices
- Customizable “Favorites,” which lets you save albums, songs, artists, destinations, and contacts
- Bluetooth® connectivity3
- Smartphone integration for hands-free calling and phone book access
WIRELESS CHARGING PAD5
The 2016 Sierra 1500 Denali helps you stay connected with a convenient Wireless Charging Pad, which allows you to seamlessly charge phones, tablets, or other mobile devices with ease.
Phone Projection Technology
Phone Projection Technology compatibility syncs your phone to Sierra’s IntelliLink system, allowing you to:
- Send, read, and reply to texts messages
- Make calls and listen to voicemail
- Support additional audio apps
From incredible technologies to help you tow and haul with ease to powerful engine options, Sierra Denali is designed do the work youneed to get done, and do so with ease.
POWER TO DO IT ALL
- 6.2L V8 offers 420 horsepower, more than any other light duty pickup
- Available EcoTec2 5.3L V8 engine offers the best V8 fuel economy in any full-size pickup6
- Hill Decent Control allows for a controlled descent in rough terrain
- Eaton® Locker automatic locking rear differential locks rear wheels at a consistent speed, providing improved traction and enhanced control
TRAILERING AND HAULING TECHNOLOGIES
- Trailer Sway Control helps prevent drivers and their trailers from uncontrolled trailer swaying
- Hill Descent Control allows for a controlled descent in rough terrain
- Hill Start Assist holds the brakes momentarily to give you extra time to switch from brake to accelerator
- Standard Tow/Haul Mode
- Available integrated Trailer Brake Controller provides fingertip control and monitoring of your trailer brakes
- Standard Rear Vision Camera System
- DURALIFE™ technology protects against corrosion and can double rotor life compared to conventional rotors
- Standard spray-on bedliner with embossed Denali logo provides an increase in protection from scratches and dings
- Extensive use of galvanized sheet metal minimizes corrosion
2016 GMC SIERRA DENALI ULTIMATE
The 2016 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate enhances Denali’s already class-leading attributes by including the ultimate in precision-crafted features that enhance Denali’s styling, capability and advanced convenience.
- 22’ silver wheels with chrome and black accents
- Chrome tow hooks
- Tri-Mode Power Steps
- Lane Keep Assist
- IntelliBeam Headlamps
- Forward Collision Warning
ADVANCED SAFETY TECHNOLOGIES
The 2016 Sierra 1500 Denali’s state-of-the-art available safety and driver-alert technologies help you better see and handle the unexpected.
DRIVER ASSIST TECHNOLOGIES
- Available Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning helps drivers avoid unintentional lane drifts by reading lane markings and gently guiding the vehicle back into its lane using light steering inputs. This feature can be disabled with a button press
- Available IntelliBeam technology automatically turns Sierra’s high-beam headlamps on and off according to surrounding traffic conditions
- Forward Collision Alert provides audible and visual signals if it appears that a collision may be imminent
- Safety Alert Seat gently vibrates to provide drivers with a tactile alert
- Intelligent Brake Assist gives drivers a brief window to change from the brake pedal to the accelerator when on a hill
- Available Front and Rear Park Assist
- Available Rear Vision Camera
Sierra 1500 Denali pickup truck owners expect cutting-edge technologies to help them with any task. No matter your needs, Sierra has you covered.
TRI-MODE POWER STEPS
New, available Tri-Mode Step Steps make getting into the cab or box from the side of the truck easy.
Sierra 1500 Denali’s EcoTec3 engine is paired with an 8-speed automatic transmission and is based on 50+ years of proven small-block performance. Direct Injection, Active Fuel Management and Variable Valve Timing technologies make it more powerful and more efficient than ever.
MAGNETIC RIDE CONTROL
Sierra 1500 Denali’s standard Magnetic Ride Control System constantly adjusts suspension for precise control and consistently smooth ride over uneven terrain.
1. EPA-estimated with 6/2L V8 engine (2WD).
2. Full functionality requires compatible Bluetooth® and smartphone. Some devices require USB connectivity.
3. Visit gm.com/bluetooth to find out which Bluetooth phones are compatible with the vehicle.
4. Data plan rates apply.
5. The system wirelessly charges one PMA- or Qi-compatible mobile device. To check for phone or other device compatibility, https://my.gmc.com/learnaboutmyvehicle.com for details
6.Based on GM 2015 ½-ton large pickup segment.