The AMT Balloon G-Tube
|Brand||Applied Medical Technology|
Discreet lower external profile, easy to conceal under clothing
Internal silicone retention bolster may last much longer than balloon devices
Ideal for patients who do not tolerate balloon buttons due to anatomy or differences in gastric environment
AMT Button – (Bard® Equivalent)
AMT is at the forefront of enteral nutrition innovations. The original button low-profile feeding device was co-invented and patented by Dr. Michael Gauderer and Dr. George Picha, the founder of AMT. AMT manufactured the original low profile button for distribution by CR Bard.
The AMT Button was the beginning of AMT’s low profile button movement. Its small size and convenient design gave users more allowance for movement and exploration without being hindered by any excess tubing. This tube has led to current innovations and more but has stood the test of time as a device still requested today by patients globally.
- Replacement occurs less often because there is no balloon to fail.
- The device is flush against the skin so it’s more cosmetically appealing.
- Ideal for patients who do not tolerate balloon devices.
Maximizing comfort is key when it comes to patient, caregiver and clinician satisfaction with an enteral feeding device. The AMT Button (Bard® equivalent) was the original low profile device to give patients a more comfortable experience.
- Soft high-grade silicone is more friendly to the surface of the skin and easier to clean around.
- No hard or bulky fill valve to irritate or erode skin surface.
- Small exterior profile is more discreet for users.
No Feedbacks yet.