Meet the 2017 GMC Yukon. Its spacious interior offers three rows of seating that can accommodate up to nine passengers. With its bold styling, premium materials, and inspiring capability, Yukon creates a new standard in full-size utility.
The 2017 Yukon interior offers a perfect blend of craftsmanship, comfort and functionality. The proof is in the details, including:
- Authentic aluminum trim
- Contrast stitching on console and doors
- Manual-tilt steering wheel (power-tilt and telescoping standard on SLT models)
- Three distinct heating and cooling zones for maximum passenger comfort
- Available power-adjustable pedals
- Optional heated steering wheel
GMC engineers concentrated on every aspect of the Yukon to reduce cabin noise, resulting in an unparalleled driving experience. Innovations contributing to interior quietness include:
- Inlaid doors and redesigned mirrors for reduced wind noise and improved aerodynamics
- Acoustic-laminated windshield and front-door windows
- Triple-sealed doors
- Valved exhaust system that drastically reduces interior noise and vibration
- Textile liners in front and rear wheel houses
INNOVATIVE SEATING & STORAGE
Yukon delivers on your need for unparalleled comfort, as well as the flexibility to accommodate passengers, cargo, or both. Features include:
- Third-row fold-flat bench seats with an available power-folding option
- Segment-exclusive second-row power release fold-and-tumble seats are standard on SLT
- Lit storage behind articulating 8-inch-diagonal Color Touch Radio screen
- A center console large enough for hanging folders or a laptop
- Available front bench seat (SLE only) and second-row bucket-seat options
- Heated and cooled driver and front-passenger seats and heated second row seats come standard on SLT
The 2017 GMC Yukon has been redesigned to make a powerful first impression. From its confident, aerodynamic proportions to its premium accents and refined finish, this sport utility vehicle lives up to its looks with superior capability, comfort, and towing capacity.
The 2017 GMC Yukon exterior exudes style and confidence from first impression to lasting glance, with highlights that include:
- Bold, refined exterior design
- Detailed GMC grille and chrome grille surround
- Projector beam headlamps
- Full LED Turn Signals and Daytime Running lamps featuring GMC’s Graphic Light Signature
- 18- and 20- inch brushed aluminum wheels
- Fog lamps with chrome surround
- Innovative hidden rear wiper system for reduced wind drag
AN INNOVATIVE REAR LIFTGATE
Opt for Yukon’s available power programmable rear liftgate to adjust gate height and other settings with a touch of a button. Inside or outside the vehicle, your key fob opens the gate for easy access. The rear liftglass can be opened separately, so you can load cargo without having to raise the full liftgate.
INTUITIVE PASSIVE ENTRY
The passive entry system available on the Yukon allows you to access all four doors and the rear liftgate when it senses your key fob approaching. When you exit, the vehicle automatically locks within several seconds of the last door being closed
Setting the new standard for large SUVs means engineering technology and infotainment innovations that let you stay conveniently connected and in control.
The newly enhanced next-generation GMC IntelliLink3 system enables you to seamlessly experience your media like never before through a logical, intuitive interface. Features include:
- 8-inch-diagonal Color Touch Radio screen with smartphone-inspired interface
- Natural-language voice recognition
- MyMedia functionality that can connect media libraries from you and your passengers’ devices
- Smartphone integration for hands-free calling and phone book access3
- Customizable “Favorites” allow you to save albums, songs, artists, destinations, and contacts
- Bluetooth®3 with phone and audio streaming capability
- Available navigation4 system
- Multiple USB ports/SD Card Reader and 3.5mm auxiliary jack inputs
In addition to IntelliLink3, Yukon is equipped with a premium audio system and multiple infotainment options to keep all your occupants entertained.
- Premium Bose® Surround Sound System
- Available Rear-seat Blu-Ray entertainment system with 9-inch-diagonal screen
- Time Shift capability that allows you to pause and rewind live radio
DRIVER INFORMATION DISPLAY
Yukon’s new, more user-friendly instrument cluster allows you unprecedented control of what information can be displayed, including:
- A 4.2-inch-diagonal, full-color Driver Information Center
- Convenient access to audio, phone, and available navigation functions
- All functions are controlled via the steering wheel and are integrated with the 8-inch-diagonal Color Touch Radio screen display located in the center stack
The 2017 GMC Yukon features technologies purposefully engineered with your comfort and well-being in mind. Standard and optional features include:
- Keyless entry and push-button start (standard on SLT)
- 220v 3-prong outlet
- Available Adaptive Cruise Control
- Rainsense™ front wipers that automatically respond to varying degrees of precipitation
- Rear Vision Camera System
SAFETY & SECURITY
Yukon offers a full suite of Driver Alert and active safety technologies that rely on a sophisticated network of cameras, radar, and ultrasonic sensors to help prepare you for the unexpected. For added peace of mind, Yukon features air bags7 from the front to third rows, plus GM-exclusive StabiliTrak® technology to help you maintain control.
ADVANCED DRIVER SAFETY TECHNOLOGIES
Standard safety features on the Yukon SLT pairs intelligent technology with driver-centric engineering to help keep you safer on the road, and include:
- Forward Collision Alert
- Front and Rear Park Assist
- Side Blind Zone Alert6
- Lane Change Alert6
- Lane Keep Assist (Standard on SLT)
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert
SAFETY ALERT SEAT
The innovative Safety Alert Seat available in the Yukon vibrates to alert you to potential hazards. When one of the Driver Alert technologies (for example, Lane Departure Warning7) triggers an alert, the Safety Alert Seat vibrates on the left or right bolster, depending on the direction of the potential hazard.
BUILT-IN PROTECTION FEATURES
Yukon protects you in the event of a collision with features engineered to give you greater peace of mind. These include:
- The industry’s first Front Center Airbag7 to protect driver and front passenger
- Dual-stage frontal air bags7
- Seat-mounted side impact air bags7
- Head curtain side impact air bags7
- Reinforced steel safety cage
The 2017 Yukon features EcoTec V-8 engine. It combines innovative new technologies with more than 50 years of proven GM small-block performance to let you go where you want and tailor what you want with control and confidence.
ECOTEC ENGINE PERFORMANCE
Yukon’s EcoTec V-8 engine delivers improved horsepower, torque, and fuel economy. Features include:
- An impressive 355 hp and 519 NM of torque
- Advanced Direct Injection for quieter operation and improved efficiency
- Active Fuel Management™ technology that activates or deactivates four of Yukon’s eight cylinders based on load and power demand
- Variable Valve Timing that adjusts to different engine RPMs and driving conditions to maximize performance
HILL START ASSIST
Hill Start Assist technology detects when your Yukon is on an incline and in danger of rolling backward. When engaged, it holds the brakes for about two seconds or until the gas pedal is pressed, preventing rollback. This feature is particularly effective when towing, giving the driver time to switch from the brake pedal to the gas pedal without rolling.
The 2017 Yukon has been engineered to deliver its most refined, solid and smoothest drive yet. The result is more secure handling, improved responsiveness, and a quiet cabin. Features include:
- Redesigned and retuned hydraulic engine mounts for improved isolation and damping
- Electric power steering for greater fuel efficiency and handling
- New tires developed for handling, ride quality, fuel economy, and stopping power
- New shear-style body mounts that reduce body shake and a provide a more settled ride
2017 YUKON FEATURES
Here’s high-tech proof that a full-size SUV can offer outstanding performance and remarkable fuel economy. Standard Gen IV Vortec 5300 V8 models feature a technological advancement called Active Fuel Management. In normal driving conditions, Active Fuel Management deactivates four of the V8’s cylinders when less power is needed, essentially turning the V8 into a V4. When you need V8 power, it’s automatically there for you. The engine always starts and idles on eight cylinders, and runs on eight during brisk acceleration or when carrying or towing loads. What’s more, it switches between V4 and V8 operation so seamlessly that you’ll never notice the transition. In testing, the new system increased fuel efficiency by up to six percent.
Four-wheel disc brakes complemented by an all-new antilock braking system and larger, vented rotors provide even greater stopping power, with an enlarged cooling area for improved performance.
Power fold-and-tumble second-row seats
Welcome to a new era in convenience.Second-row seats featuring a new power fold-and-tumble design (available with Yukon / Yukon XL SLT trim) - an industry-exclusive design. Two buttons in the overhead console allow you to fold and tumble the left or right seat individually. Or you may simply push a button located on either rear-door pillar and each seat is automatically unlatched, folded and tumbled for easier access to the third-row seat.You may then manually return them to their original position.
StabiliTrakTM Stability Control System
StabiliTrakTM, standard on Yukon 1/2-ton models, is an engineering advance that improves safety, stability and control on all road surfaces, and is especially valuable during emergency maneuvers. Sensors read the position of your steering wheel, vehicle speed, brake pressure, lateral acceleration and turning rate, before feeding this data to an onboard computer. If your Yukon is not responding adequately to your steering input, the computer instantly adjusts engine speed and brake pressure to any individual wheel to help keep you on track. Rollover mitigation capabilities are also provided, with the sensors programmed to proactively predict and help counteract vehicle "tip-up" on a flat road surface.
Rearview Mirror Camera
An available rearview camera system includes a built-in camera mounted near the license plate. When you shift into Reverse, an image from the camera is displayed in a portion of the rearview mirror (so you can still use the mirror). The mirror reverts to a normal full-frame image/reflection when you shift into Drive or Park.
Head-curtain Side-impact Airbags
A head-curtain side-impact airbag system functions like a protective curtain, unfolding from the roof rail. A large airbag on each side protects outboard first- and second-row passengers, while a dedicated airbag on each side protects the third row. The head-curtain side-impact airbags are activated by side-impact sensors as well as rollover sensors. Standard on all models.
The power liftgate is a breakthrough in convenience. If you’re inside the vehicle, use a switch in the overhead console to open or close it. If you’re outside the vehicle, you may use another control button, located on the inside of the liftgate, to close it. Or use the key fob (see above). For safety’s sake, a built-in sensor helps stop the gate’s attempt to open or close if it encounters resistance. Standard with SLT trim.
1. Fuel Consumption for RWD 5.3L is 10.2 KM/L and 4WD 5.3L is 9.8 KM/L.
2. Vehicle user interface is a product of Apple and Apple’s terms and privacy statements apply. Requires compatible smartphone and data plan rates apply.
3. Visit gm.com/bluetooth to see which phones are compatible with each vehicle.
4. Map coverage in the GCC.
5. Not compatible with all devices.
6. Before making a lane change, always check the Side Blind Zone Alert display, check the side and inside rearview mirrors, look over your shoulder for vehicles and hazards and start the turn signal.
7. Always use safety belts and the correct child restraints for your child's age and size. Even in vehicles equipped with air bags and the Passenger Sensing System, children are safer when properly secured in a rear seat in the appropriate infant, child, or booster seat. Never place a rear-facing infant restraint in the front seat of any vehicle equipped with an active frontal air bag. Air bag inflation can cause severe injury or death to anyone too close to the bag when it deploys. Be sure every occupant is properly restrained. See the Owner's Manual and child safety seat instructions for more safety information.
8. Whichever comes first. See dealer for limited warranty details.