Meet the 2017 GMC Yukon XL. With its bold styling, premium materials, and inspiring capability, Yukon XL creates a new standard in full-size utility. Its spacious interior offers three rows of seating that can accommodate up to nine passengers—and all their cargo—with ease.
SIGNATURE FIT AND FINISH
The 2017 Yukon XL expertly blends craftsmanship and functionality into one undeniably comfortable and refined interior. The proof is in the details, including
- Authentic aluminum trim
- Contrast stitching on console and doors
- Manual-tilt steering wheel (power-tilt and telescoping standard on SLT models)
- Three distinct heating and cooling zones for maximum passenger comfort
- Available power-adjustable pedals
A REMARKABLY QUIET INTERIOR
The unparalleled driving experience of the Yukon XL stems from its strikingly quiet cabin. In fact, there is no quieter SUV in its class. To achieve it, GMC engineers concentrated on every aspect of the vehicle, with innovations that include:
- Inlaid doors and redesigned mirrors for reduced wind noise and improved aerodynamics
- Acoustic-laminated windshield and front-door windows
- Triple-sealed doors
- Valved exhaust system that drastically reduces interior noise and vibration
- Textile liners in front- and rear-wheel houses
SMART SEATING AND STORAGE
Yukon XL easily accommodates passengers, cargo, or both in nearly endless configurations to expertly deliver on your need for signature GMC comfort and utility. Features include:
- More cargo capacity
- Third-row fold-flat bench seats with an available power-folding option
- Standard front bench seat (SLE only)
- Standard second-row power-release fold-and-tumble seats (SLT only)
- Lit storage behind the articulating, eight-inch-diagonal Color Touch Radio screen
- A center console large enough for hanging folders or a laptop
- Available heated-and-cooled driver- and front-passenger seats
- Cargo management system located behind the third row seats
From its confident, aerodynamic proportions to its premium accents and refined finish, the 2017 Yukon XL has been designed to make a powerful and lasting impression. And because it’s a GMC, Yukon XL lives up to its looks with superior capability, comfort, and towing capacity.
STYLISHLY SURE OF ITSELF
From first impression to lasting glance, the Yukon XL exterior exudes good looks and confidence. Features for 2017 include:
- Bold, refined exterior design
- Detailed GMC-specific grille and chrome grille surround
- Projector-beam headlamps
- Full LED turn signals and daytime running lamps featuring GMC’s graphic light signature
- 18-inch aluminum wheels are standard and 20-inch aluminum wheels are available
- Fog lamps with chrome surround
- Hidden rear wiper system for reduced wind drag
INTUITIVE KEYLESS ENTRY SYSTEM
The keyless entry system available on the Yukon XL allows you to access all four doors and the rear liftgate when it senses your key fob approaching. When you exit, the vehicle automatically locks within several seconds of the last door being closed.
A BETTER REAR LIFTGATE
The innovative glass window on Yukon XL’s rear liftgate opens by itself, so you can load cargo without having to raise the full liftgate. You can also opt for the programmable power rear liftgate that allows you to adjust gate height and open or close the liftgate with a simple touch of a button from inside or outside the vehicle.
GMC technology innovations are engineered to let you stay conveniently connected and in control—yet another way in which the 2017 Yukon sets the new standard for large SUVs.
Yukon XL’s newly enhanced IntelliLink3 infotainment system enables you to seamlessly experience your media like never before. Or you can choose IntelliLink with navigation to add to your vehicle – getting anywhere becomes more enjoyable. Other features include:
- 8-inch-diagonal Color Touch Radio screen with smartphone-inspired interface
- MyMedia functionality that can connect media libraries from you and your passengers’ devices
- Smartphone integration for hands-free calling and phone book access5
- Customizable “Favorites” allow you to save albums, songs, artists, destinations, and contacts
- Bluetooth®5 with phone and audio streaming capability
- Multiple USB ports/SD Card Reader and 3.5mm auxiliary jack
In addition to IntelliLink, Yukon XL is equipped with a premium audio system and multiple infotainment options to keep all your occupants entertained.
- Premium Bose® Surround Sound System
- Available rear-seat Blu-Ray entertainment system with dual 9-inch-diagonal screens
A COMMMAND CENTER THAT COMMANDS ATTENTION
Yukon XL’s new instrument cluster allows you unprecedented control of what information can be displayed, and is now more user-friendly than ever. Details include:
- A 4.2-inch-diagonal, full-color Driver Information Center
- Convenient access to audio, phone, and available navigation functions
- All functions are controlled via the steering wheel and are integrated with the 8-inch-diagonal Color Touch Radio screen display located in the center stack
The new Yukon XL features technologies purposefully engineered with your comfort and well being in mind. Standard and optional features include:
- Keyless entry and push-button start (standard on SLT)
- Standard Rear Vision Camera System
- 220v 3-prong outlet
- A convex conversation mirror to let you see all of your passengers
- Ambient air venting provides enhanced comfort for front row passengers
SAFETY & SECURITY
To help prepare you for the unexpected, Yukon XL offers a full suite of Driver Alert and active safety technologies that rely on a sophisticated network of cameras, radar, and ultrasonic sensors. For added peace of mind, Yukon features air bags6 from the front to third rows, plus GM-exclusive StabiliTrak® technology to help you maintain control.
The Yukon XL SLT pairs intelligent technology with driver-centric engineering to help keep you safer on the road. Safety features standard on the SLT include:
- Forward Collision Alert
- Side Blind Zone Alert9
- Lane Change Alert9
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert
- Lane Keep Assist
- Front and Rear Park Assist
SAFETY ALERT SEAT
When one of Yukon XL’s driver alert technologies (for example, Lane Keep Assist) triggers an alert, the available Safety Alert Seat vibrates on the left or right bolster, depending on the direction of the potential hazard.
BUILT-IN PEACE OF MIND
In the event of a collision, the Yukon XL protects you with features engineered to help keep you safe. These include:
- The industry’s first front center air bag to protect driver and front passenger
- Dual-stage frontal air bags
- Seat-mounted side impact air bags
- Head curtain side impact air bags
- Reinforced steel safety cage
A BETTER BRAKE ROTOR
Yukon XL’s brake rotors now utilize GM-exclusive DURALIFE™ corrosion protection. The patented process relies on ferritic nitro-carburizing (FNC) to harden rotor surfaces for a dramatic reduction in rust and corrosion. The results are less steering shudder when applying the brakes and a rotor lifespan of up to twice that of conventional brake rotors.
The 2017 Yukon XL delivers the performance you demand to go where you want and trailer what you want with control and confidence, thanks to an all-new EcoTec V-8 engine combining innovative new technologies with more than 50 years of GM small-block experience.
ECOTEC ENGINE PERFORMANCE
Yukon XL delivers improved horsepower, torque, and fuel economy thanks to its all-new EcoTec V-8 engine, with features that include:
- An impressive 355 hp and 519 nm of torque
- Fuel Economy 7 city/10 hwy km/l Highway1
- Advanced Direct Injection for quieter operation and improved efficiency
- Active Fuel Management™ technology that activates or deactivates four of Yukon’s eight cylinders based on load and power demand
- Variable Valve Timing that adjusts to different engine RPMs and driving conditions to maximize performance
Smoother ride and quieter cabin than ever before, the result of engineered advancements that include:
- Redesigned and retuned hydraulic engine mounts for improved isolation and damping
- Electric power steering for optimal handling
- New tires developed for handling, ride quality, fuel economy1, and stopping power
- New shear-style body mounts that reduce body shake and a provide a more settled ride
HILL START ASSIST
When the Yukon XL is on an incline and in danger of rolling backward, Hill Start Assist technology detects and prevents it by holding the brakes for about two seconds until the gas pedal is pressed, preventing rollback. This feature is particularly effective when towing, giving the driver time to switch from the brake pedal to the gas pedal without rolling.
YUKON XL FEATURES
Here’s high-tech proof that a full-size SUV can offer outstanding performance and remarkable fuel economy. Standard Gen IV Vortec 5300 V8 models feature a technological advancement called Active Fuel Management. In normal driving conditions, Active Fuel Management deactivates four of the V8’s cylinders when less power is needed, essentially turning the V8 into a V4. When you need V8 power, it’s automatically there for you. The engine always starts and idles on eight cylinders, and runs on eight during brisk acceleration or when carrying or towing loads. What’s more, it switches between V4 and V8 operation so seamlessly that you’ll never notice the transition in the Yukon XL. In testing, the new system also managed to increase fuel efficiency by up to six percent.
Four-wheel disc brakes, complemented by an all-new antilock braking system and larger, vented rotors, provide even greater stopping power, with an enlarged cooling area for improved performance.
Power fold-and-tumble second-row seats
Welcome to a new era in convenience. Second-row seats featuring a new power fold-and-tumble design (available with Yukon / Yukon XL SLT trim) - an industry-exclusive design. Two buttons in the overhead console allow you to fold and tumble the left or right seat individually. Or you may simply push a button located on either rear-door pillar and each seat is automatically unlatched, folded and tumbled for easier access to the third-row seat. You may then manually return them to their original position.
StabiliTrakTM Stability Control System
StabiliTrakTM, standard on Yukon XL 1/2-ton models, is an engineering advance that improves safety, stability and control on all road surfaces, and is especially valuable during emergency maneuvers. Sensors read the position of your steering wheel, vehicle speed, brake pressure, lateral acceleration and turning rate, then feed the data to an onboard computer. If your Yukon XL is not responding adequately to your steering input, the computer instantly adjusts engine speed and brake pressure to any individual wheel to help keep you on track. Rollover mitigation capabilities are also provided, with the sensors programmed to proactively predict and help counteract vehicle "tip-up" on a flat road surface.
Rearview Mirror Camera
An available rearview camera system includes a built-in camera mounted near the license plate. When you shift into Reverse, an image from the camera is displayed in a portion of the rearview mirror (so you can still use the mirror). The mirror reverts to a normal full-frame image/reflection when you shift into Drive or Park. (Image can be shown on the navigation audio system if available).
Head-curtain Side-impact Airbags
A head-curtain side-impact airbag system functions like a protective curtain, unfolding from the roof rail. A large airbag on each side protects outboard first- and second-row passengers, while a dedicated airbag on each side protects the third row. The head-curtain side-impact airbags are activated by side-impact sensors as well as rollover sensors. Standard on all models.
The power liftgate is a breakthrough in convenience. If you’re inside the vehicle, use a switch in the overhead console to open or close it. If you’re outside the vehicle, you may use another control button, located on the inside of the liftgate, to close it. Or use the key fob (see above). For safety’s sake, a built-in sensor helps stop the gate’s attempt to open or close if it encounters resistance. Standard with SLT trim.
*Premium color available at additional cost.
1. EPA – 7 city/10 hwy km/l.
2.Full functionality requires compatible Bluetooth® and smartphone. Some devices require USB connectivity.
3.Map coverage in GCC region.
4.Visit gm.com/bluetooth to see which phones are compatible with each vehicle.
5.Not compatible with all devices.
6.Always use safety belts and the correct child restraints for your child's age and size. Even in vehicles equipped with air bags and the Passenger Sensing System, children are safer when properly secured in a rear seat in the appropriate infant, child, or booster seat. Never place a rear-facing infant restraint in the front seat of any vehicle equipped with an active frontal air bag. Air bag inflation can cause severe injury or death to anyone too close to the bag when it deploys. Be sure every occupant is properly restrained. See the Owner's Manual and child safety seat instructions for more safety information.
7.Before making a lane change, always check the Side Blind Zone Alert display, check the side and inside rearview mirrors, look over your shoulder for vehicles and hazards and start the turn signal.
8.Whichever comes first. See dealer for limited warranty details.