Take a seat in 2017 Yukon XL Denali, and it’s quickly apparent this full-size SUV sets a new standard for comfort, innovation, and refinement. Aluminum and wood grain accents look real because they are, and three rows of seating offer exceptional passenger comfort.
SIGNATURE DENALI ACCENTS
Craftsmanship and functionality expertly blended into one undeniably comfortable and refined exterior—that’s exactly what you’ll find in the 2017 Yukon XL Denali. Details include:
- Authentic burnished aluminum trim
- Premium, perforated leather-appointed seating
- Contrast stitching on console and doors
- Genuine Java Burl popular woodgrain inlays
- Heated steering wheel
- Power-tilt and telescoping steering column
- Heated and cooled front seats
- Three distinct heating and cooling zones for maximum passenger comfort
- Power adjustable pedals
UNMATCHED CABIN QUIETNESS
Yukon XL Denali’s singular driving experience stems from its strikingly quiet cabin. To achieve it, GMC engineers concentrated on every aspect of the vehicle. Advancements include:
- Inlaid doors and redesigned mirrors for reduced wind noise and improved aerodynamics
- Acoustic-laminated windshield and front-door windows
- Triple-sealed doors
- Active noise cancellation
- Valved exhaust system that drastically reduces interior noise and vibration
- Textile liners in front- and rear-wheel houses
SMART SEATING AND STORAGE
Yukon XL Denali promises to exceed all your expectations for comfort and flexibility with its expert ability to accommodate passengers, cargo, or both in nearly endless configurations. Features include:
- Second-row power-release fold-and-tumble bench seats
- Power-folding third-row fold-flat seats
- Lit storage behind the articulating, 8 eight-inch-diagonal Color Touch Radio screen
- A center console large enough for hanging folders or a laptop
- Cargo management system located behind the third-row seats
With its bold new lines, aerodynamic proportions, and signature Denali chrome accents, Yukon XL Denali knows how to get noticed and remembered. And because it’s a GMC, this SUV’s refined appearance is equally matched by its superior ease, utility, and towing capacity.
CONFIDENCE TO SPARE
Coming or going, the Yukon XL Denali exterior epitomizes self-assured capability. Features include:
- Distinct Denali grille
- Denali-specific chrome accents
- Monochromatic exterior appointments
- High-intensity discharge (HID) projector-beam headlamps
- Full LED turn signals and Daytime Running lamps featuring GMC’s graphic light signature
- 20-inch, ultra-bright machined aluminum wheels (standard)
- 22-inch aluminum wheels with premium paint and chrome insert (optional)
- Available power-retractable illuminated assist steps
- Hidden rear-wiper system for reduced wind drag
INTUITIVE KEYLESS ENTRY SYSTEM
The keyless entry system on the Yukon XL Denali allows you to access all four doors and the rear liftgate when it senses your key fob approaching. When you exit, the vehicle automatically locks within several seconds of the last door being closed.
AN INGENIOUS REAR LIFTGATE
The innovative glass window on the Yukon XL Denali rear liftgate opens by itself, so you can load cargo without having to raise the full liftgate. Even better, the liftgate itself is power-programmable, so all it takes is the push of a button to adjust gate height. You can also use your key fob to open the gate for easy access, inside the cabin or out.
Yet another way in which the 2017 Yukon XL Denali sets a new standard is with GMC technology innovations engineering to deliver a new level of connectivity and control.
CUSTOMIZABLE DRIVER DISPLAY
Yukon XL Denali’s Customizable Driver Display lets you control not only what you see, but how you see it—the result of with a menu of themes and the ability to personalize vehicle information. Features include:
- A new eight-inch-diagonal, full-color cluster display
- Three unique themes to select from
- Convenient access to audio, phone, and navigation functions
- All functions are controlled via the steering wheel and are integrated with the 8-inch-diagonal Color Touch Radio screen display
Expert entertaining is just one more of Yukon XL Denali’s expert capabilities thanks to Blu-Ray. And because a premium Bose® audio system comes standard, any entertainment choice you make is enhanced. Features include:
- Bose® Centerpoint surround Sound System
- Standard rear-seat Blu-Ray entertainment system with dual 9-inch-diagonal LCD screens
For 2017, the Yukon XL Denali feature a newly enhanced GMC IntelliLink system, with a logical and intuitive interfaces that enables you to seamlessly experience your media like never before. Together with the standard Color Touch Navigation3 system, benefits include:
- A new eight-inch-diagonal Color Touch Radio screen with smartphone-inspired interface
- MyMedia functionality that can connect media libraries from your and your passengers’ devices
- Smartphone integration for hands-free calling and phone book access5
- Customizable “Favorites” allow you to save albums, songs, artists, destinations, and contacts
- Bluetooth®2 with phone and audio streaming capability
- Multiple USB ports/SD Card Reader and 3.5mm auxiliary jack inputs
If something’s not useful, it’s not a GMC philosophy that’s especially true when it comes to technology. So Yukon XL Denali features technologies engineered with your wellbeing top of mind, including:
- Keyless entry and push-button start
- Standard Rear Vision Camera System
- A convex conversation mirror to let you see all your passengers
- 220v 3-prong outlet
- Ambient air vent for providing enhanced comfort to for front-row passengers
- Standard Adaptive Cruise Control
AVAILABLE HEAD-UP DISPLAY
Yukon XL Denali is available with a multicolor head-up windshield display that projects important vehicle data at driver eye level. Features include:
- Four different driver views to select from
- Audio data including radio and media information, plus incoming and outgoing calls
- Turn-by-turn navigation and compass displays to help you stay on course
- Available vehicle performance data such as speedometer, tachometer, transmission position and gear shift indicator
- Safety indicators such as Lane Departure Warning, vehicle-ahead indicators and Adaptive Cruise Control data
SAFETY & SECURITY
The 2017 Yukon XL Denali wouldn’t be GMC if it didn’t provide you with consummate peace of mind. So of course, it features air bags from the front to third rows, plus GM’s industry first front center airbag. What makes this Yukon XL Denali particularly impressive is its comprehensive suite of Driver Alert and active safety technologies that keep you confidently prepared for the unexpected.
SAFETY ALERT TECHNOLOGIES
To help keep you safer on the road, the 2017 Yukon XL Denali offers an advanced Safety Alert technologies that combine the latest in safety technology with driver-centric innovation. Features include:
- Forward Collision Alert
- Front and Rear Park Assist
- Side Blind Zone Alert6
- Lane Change Alert6
- Lane Keep Assist
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert
- Crash-Imminent Braking
- Safety Alert Seat
A BETTER BRAKE ROTOR
Yukon XL Denali’s brake rotors now utilize GM-exclusive DURALIFE™ corrosion protection. The patented process relies on ferritic nitro-caburizing (FNC) to harden rotor surfaces for a dramatic reduction in rust and corrosion. The results are less steering shudder when applying the brakes and a rotor lifespan of up to twice that of conventional brake rotors.
SAFETY ALERT SEAT
When a Driver Alert technology (for example, Lane Keep Assist) triggers an alert, the Yukon XL Denali’s Safety Alert Seat vibrates on the left or right bolster, depending on the direction of the potential hazard.
BUILT-IN PEACE OF MIND
For even greater protection, Yukon XL Denali protects you with features engineered to help keep you safe should a collision occur. These include:
- The industry’s first Front Center Airbag to protect driver and front passenger7
- Dual-stage frontal air bags7
- Seat-mounted side impact air bags7
- Head curtain side impact air bags7
- Reinforced steel safety cage7
The 2017 Yukon XL Denali now features our most advanced 6.2 L V-8 engine yet: the all-new EcoTec, engineered to let you go where you want and trailer what you want. It also features a standard Magnetic Ride Control System that constantly adjusts suspension for a precise control and consistently smooth ride over uneven terrain.
A REFINED RIDE
GMC’s dedication to tireless improvement is evident in Yukon XL Denali’s drive; its smoothest and most solid yet and GMC’s relentless innovation. Greater handling, improved responsiveness, and a quieter cabin are just some of the results, thanks to:
- Next-generation Magnetic Ride Control for improved responsiveness in quickly changing road conditions
- Redesigned and retuned hydraulic engine mounts for improved isolation and damping
- Electric power steering for greater fuel efficiency and handling
- New tires developed for handling, ride quality, fuel economy1, and stopping power
- New shear-style body mounts that reduce body shake and a provide a more settled ride
THE POWER OF ECOTEC
The Yukon XL Denali delivers improved horsepower, torque, and fuel economy1 for 2017 thanks to its all-new V8 6.2L EcoTec engine offering:
- Segment-leading 420hp and 624 Nm of torque
- Advanced Direct Injection for quieter operation and improved efficiency
- Active Fuel Management™ technology that activates or deactivates four of Yukon’s eight cylinders based on load and power demand
- Variable Valve Timing that adjusts to different engine RPMs and driving conditions to maximize performance
HILL START ASSIST
Hill Start Assist technology on the Yukon XL Denali detects when it’s on an incline, and when engaged, holds the brakes for about two seconds—or until the gas pedal is pressed—to prevent it from rolling backward. This feature is particularly effective when towing, giving the driver time to switch from the brake pedal to the gas pedal without rolling.
YUKON XL DENALI FEATURES
MORE POWER AT YOUR DISPOSAL
Yukon XL Denali’s 403hp (net) Vortec 6200 V8 uses an advanced Variable Valve Timing (VVT) system to increase performance and reduce exhaust emissions. The VVT system is designed to provide the best of both worlds, enhancing torque at low rpms and increasing horsepower at high rpms.
AN EXCEPTIONALLY SMOOTH RIDE
Yukon XL Denali features a solid chassis, advanced suspension systems and a variety of innovative features that allow surprisingly agile handling and a tight turning diameter matched by a smooth, comfortable ride.
REMOTE POWER LIFTGATE
The new power liftgate offers easy remote operation. To open the liftgate, simply press and hold a button on the key fob for one second. Close it by pressing and holding the button again.
A NEW LEVEL OF SAFETY
With an array of standard safety features, Yukon XL Denali is engineered to provide impressive protection for driver and passengers, as well as enhanced driver control. Its wider front and rear tracks, for example, increase stability. And its body-on-frame configuration, with new body structure, are designed to provide enhanced frontal, offset and rollover crash performance. The result? A vehicle that puts you confidently in command.
Second- and third-row passengers can enjoy first-class entertainment. An 8-inch LCD screen provides a vibrant picture. Audio transmits through wireless headphones or the speaker system of your choice. A parental override allows the driver or front passenger to mute the sound or turn off the system. And DVDs load through the front audio system.
*Premium color available at additional cost.
1. EPA-rated 6 city/9 hwy km/l (2WD)
2. Full functionality requires compatible Bluetooth® and smartphone. Some devices require USB connectivity.
3. Map coverage in the GCC.
4. Not compatible with all devices.
5. Before making a lane change, always check the Side Blind Zone Alert display, check the side and inside rearview mirrors, look over your shoulder for vehicles and hazards and start the turn signal.
6. Always use safety belts and the correct child restraints for your child's age and size. Even in vehicles equipped with air bags and the Passenger Sensing System, children are safer when properly secured in a rear seat in the appropriate infant, child, or booster seat. Never place a rear-facing infant restraint in the front seat of any vehicle equipped with an active frontal air bag. Air bag inflation can cause severe injury or death to anyone too close to the bag when it deploys. Be sure every occupant is properly restrained. See the Owner's Manual and child safety seat instructions for more safety information.
7. Whichever comes first. See dealer for limited warranty details.